20% Increase in Permeate FlowLeads to Higher Product Quality & Yield
Reduced operator interventions to increase visibility of brine solution – saving time while achieving lower turbidity at higher flow rates
Reduced chlorine treatment to control microbiological growth in brine
Increased turnover to reduce brine solution disposal
20% increase in permeate flow tied directly to cheese production
Higher yield of finished product due to the reduction of off-flavor, off-color cheese
When a global mozzarella cheese producer upgraded their brine clarification system, they experienced the following issues:
- Brine quality did not routinely meet microbiological requirements
- Inconsistent performance did not provide consistent cheese quality
In collaboration with the client…
- Identified opportunity to increase brine tank turnover frequency, thereby addressing quality concerns
- Delivered higher productivity with required permeate quality, which alleviated microbiological and final cheese quality concerns
- Improved performance without additional capital or footprint requirements
The Overall Impact
Solecta’s solution had a significant impact on yield and final product quality by enabling increased brine tank turn-over frequency by 20% within current footprint and without additional capital cost.
In all of my years working with membrane suppliers and companies, no one has put forth so much effort and care towards our plants.
They genuinely care and want to see us succeed and become stable business partners.