CareersJoin Us As We Revolutionize Separation Technologies.
The Spirit Behind Solecta
Do you want to help make a big impact in the world?
Then you’re a great fit!
Our team is committed to playing an impactful role in the development of novel and critical separation technologies that directly support the improvement of the lives of an expanding world population.
Making Your Mark
Every one of our career opportunities plays a critical role in the success of our company. We’re looking for exceptional individuals with brains, grit and heart – who want to achieve great things.
Let’s do great things together.
Win as a Team
Dare to Shape the Future
Strive for Excellence
We Value Each Other
We Are Always Learning and Growing
What’s It Like Working At Solecta?
Be part of a high energy, fast-paced work environment that is challenging and team oriented.
How We Work
Work with a company that has a clear purpose and focuses on initiatives that will have meaningful impact on a global scale.
Join us while we revolutionize the membrane separations space and position ourselves for a clear market leadership role.
Tools of the Trade
Use proven engineering and process optimization approaches to ensure we provide the highest quality products and services.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of multi-shift element manufacturing within the facility across all element product lines as well as meeting safety, quality, on-time shipment and productivity targets. The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for implementing strategic plans that ensure that manufacturing goals are met in the most cost-effective manner and expected financial results are delivered. The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for building a culture of continuous improvement and driving employee engagement.
- Direct element manufacturing team to ensure the timely delivery and right first-time execution of manufacturing operations to meet S/Q/D/C requirements.
- Ensure that all operations are always compliant with Solecta EHS standards and OSHA and EPA requirements.
- Ensure element manufacturing teams are adequately trained, knowledgeable and competent to perform all tasks requested.
- Build, maintain and motivate a multi skilled team capable of achieving all quality and productivity targets and output requirements to service customers with product on time – In Full and Right First Time.
- Partner with Engineering, R&D and Quality in the introduction of new products, processes and manufacturing equipment to drive productivity improvement and innovation.
- Ensure there are adequate communication processes in place to update the hourly workforce on quality, throughput, and company goals/status.
- Assist with short- and long-term resource and facility planning, and perform managerial duties as required, e.g. budgets, performance appraisals, etc.
- Promote and use continuous improvement tools in day-to-day operations to drive the operational improvements in element manufacturing per plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science or a related field, required.
- 5 years of manufacturing supervisory experience, required; 10 years or more, preferred.
- Significant experience with assembly manufacturing is essential.
- Empowering and positive leadership style, independent thinking, interpersonal and cross-functional skills, proven organizational, coordination and planning abilities.
- Excellent analytical and technical problem-solving skills are essential.
- Firm, fair, and consistent approach to company policy and employee management.
- Knowledge and experience implementing manufacturing transformation using TPS and/or lean methodologies with demonstrated record of continuous improvement and building a culture of commitment and ownership.
- Record of improving factory organization, throughput, productivity and costs with knowledge of associated incentive systems.
- Knowledge of ERP systems within manufacturing environment NetSuite a plus.
- Self-starter with a drive to achieve personal mastery and successfully deliver on commitments.
- Hands on leader who can also see the “big picture’.
- Ability to “get the job done” and take responsibility for results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish, required.
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment.
We offer excellent competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as company paid life insurance, AD&D, STD and LTD, 401(k) Retirement plan with matching benefit.
No relocation available for this position.
To support the manufacturing of company products by completing production processes with direction and supervision. To support a highly empowered, world-class team to deliver excellent safety, quality, delivery and efficiency results. To assist in the continuous improvement of production processes.
- Meets safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency standards.
- Follows documented standard work instructions and procedures.
- Runs and sets up processes and equipment.
- Performs product inspection.
- Collects data from process and completes paperwork with production information.
- Uses computer to collect required production data.
- Supports 5S in assigned production area.
- Reads and understands information and ideas presented in writing.
- Communicates information and ideas clearly.
- Assists production continuous improvement efforts.
- Performs work as assigned by supervisor/lead.
- Performs simple equipment maintenance.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assists with troubleshooting, and in resolving machine issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly Dependable with ability to report on-time to start of company working shifts.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be available to work extended hours and occasional weekends when necessary.
- Must be willing to learn multiple responsibilities throughout the plant.
- Physical dexterity.
- Mathematical Skills (add, subtract, multiply, & divide quickly and correctly).
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word & Email).
- Experience working in Production/Manufacturing environment.
- Experience with assembly/equipment/automated manufacturing.
- Experience in Membrane Filtration industry.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
- Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Forklift certification.
- Netsuite experience.
Solecta is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer to support the needs of our rapidly growing business. We are targeting industry leading service and support based on three value principles: client success, bottom-line focus and entrepreneurial partnership. The Senior Applications Engineer will work closely with both Commercial Team and the Operations Team in Oceanside. This individual will have overarching responsibility for coordinating and managing client facing technical activities.
- As a key member of the Commercial Team, the Senior Applications Engineer will be required to:
- Lead the technical activities of Solecta’s value discovery process
- Develop a deep understanding of what success looks like for our clients
- Conduct plant audits to identify opportunities to improve our clients’ operation and their bottom line
- Quantify the value of the improvements to justify project implementation
- Work closely with our clients to implement the recommendations
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for new products and applications
- Develop new product/application requirements
- Support R&D in the development of the solution to meet the clients’ needs
- Conduct field validation of the solution
- Support Product Management in the Product/Application Launch
- Scale-up Solecta’s predictive analytics and insights platform
- Understand the key variables in our clients’ processes that will ensure they are successful if monitored well
- Build methods to monitor current performance
- Develop algorithms to provide insight and predict future performance
- Implement the solution across multiple applications and industries
- Regularly coordinate activities with the entire Commercial Team to ensure all projects and opportunities are adequately supported
- Lead the technical activities of Solecta’s value discovery process
- Provide pre- and post-sales support to exceed client expectations
- Regularly scheduled travel is expected (~50%) noting that weekend travel is rare. It is anticipated that short-notice travel will occur from time to time. Most travel will be domestic, but the candidate must be able to travel internationally on occasion
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree required in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- 10+ years’ experience in relevant industries (Dairy, Food Ingredients and Life Sciences) specifically related to process membrane operations
- Strong fundamental understanding of the operation and cleaning of process membranes and membrane systems
- Demonstrated ability to understand upstream and downstream operations and their impact on the membrane system
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand the technical needs of our clients’ operation and identify improvement opportunities
- Capable of working relatively independently with minimal direction
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Independent self-starter and open-minded individual who can troubleshoot in the field creatively, logically and calmly
- A creative mind with an ability to convincingly articulate suggested improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically as required and internationally on occasion
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a passion for Solecta and as such will work to inspire others to perform at a high level
- Be an effective communicator of Solecta’s vision and mission to clients, partners and internal teams
- Challenge the status quo in the industries we serve as well as within Solecta
- Be a problem solver with ability to work under pressure
- Must be a critical thinker and possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have strong influencing skills with the courage to confidently express an independent point of view
- Can keep pace in a fast moving and dynamic business environment
- Be interpersonally engaging at all levels to build rapport with clients and within the organization
This is a unique opportunity to work with world-class teammates and make a meaningful impact on the success of Solecta and the clients that we serve. It’s a great place to work – the enthusiasm is contagious and I’ve had more opportunity than ever to develop and enhance new skills. The future is bright at Solecta.
– Marc, Client Development Executive
Join Our Team
We are always looking for talented, driven individuals to join our team. Apply today.