The Food Ingredient IndustryEnhancing Performance While Improving The Bottom Line.
In today’s highly competitive market, food ingredient producers are continuously looking for ways to gain advantage. Whether it’s through product differentiation, increased yield, or reduced operational costs, they are looking for partners to help achieve their goals.
Improved Separations Of Valuable Food Streams
Whether you are producing sweeteners, vegetable oils, amino acids, enzymes or gelatin, or entering rapidly growing new markets like plant-based proteins, we recognize that incremental changes can have a big impact on your process economics.
Taking A Holistic Approach To Your Process
In order to help you achieve your goals, Solecta partners with you to first understand your critical KPIs. From there, we will look across your separations processes, focusing on opportunities to improve your top and bottom lines.
Increase product quality and yield.
The sweetener industry is very diversified in terms of feed stocks and end products, resulting in an equally complex set of manufacturing processes. Solecta has experience in a number of applications supporting the industry, including:
- Reduce downstream process loading and simplify overall process
- Dextrose clarification – UF
- Enhance sugar purity for expanded markets
- DP Sugars Fractionation – NF
Increase product quality and yield and expand throughput.
Fermentation processes can contain constituents of various sizes, oftentimes requiring innovative approaches to separate these materials. Solecta has experience in a number of applications supporting the industry, including:
Reduce cost of operations.
The production of edible oils integrates a number of complex processes, and managing cost of operations can be equally as challenging. Solecta has experience in a number of applications supporting the industry, including:
- Reduce downstream loading – UF
Improve gelatin bloom.
As gelatin manufacturers look to provide a broad portfolio of products, they require a holistic view of their separations processes to maintain differentiation for premium products. Solecta has experience in a number of applications supporting the industry, including:
- Increase firmness, elasticity, and resilience of finished product – UF
- Avoid in-process thermal product degradation – UF
Flavors & Flagrances
Improve cost of operation.
The global market for flavors and fragrances has evolved, as preferences have changed through increased supply and demand for unique products. Solecta has experience in a number of applications supporting the industry, including:
- Reduce downstream process cost of operation – UF, NF
- Improve selectivity of molecule separation – UF, NF
- Avoid in-process product degradation due to chemicals, heat, and other aggressive impacts – UF, NF
Improve recovery and retain original texture and flavor.
As we turn to alternative sources of protein to satisfy changing consumption patterns, the need for innovation has never been more important. Solecta has experience in a number of applications supporting the industry, including:
- Protein recovery – UF, NF
- Elimination of pH adjustments –NF
- High efficiency protein/starch separation (HEPS) – MF, UF, NF