INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF OUR TEAM?
- Manufacturing Intern
Solecta is an exciting early-stage, high-tech company commercializing polymeric industrial filtration products with manufacturing facilities in Carlsbad and Oceanside, CA.The company is backed by True North Venture Partners, an investing firm that specializes in commercializing and scaling disruptive innovations.
The Manufacturing Intern will lead and/or assist with the following:
- Creating and updating work instructions
- Conducting Cycle Times studies
- Performing new product Tests
- Participating in Lean Six Sigma projects
- Participating in 5S program
- Creating BOM
- Creating Routers
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis
- Assisting Equipment and Process Engineers
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year College/University, in a Science related discipline such as Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical), or Life Sciences, required
- Manufacturing experience, a plus
- Lean Six Sigma experience, a plus
- 5S program knowledge and experience, a plus
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis experience, a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Works well in a team environment
- Hands-on approach and methodology
- Thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial culture
- High energy and motivation with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Sr Test Development Engineer
Solecta is an exciting early-stage, high-tech company focused on using its deep membrane technology, robust element designs, and applications know-how to solve in-process separations challenges for large, well-respected industrial companies. The company is backed by True North Venture Partners, an investing firm that specializes in commercializing and scaling disruptive innovations in clean water, clean energy and sustainable manufacturing.
The Test Development Engineer will design, develop and implement manual, semi-automated, and fully automatic test equipment and test programs for design verification and production testing. This will include mechanical, electrical, and fluid systems. This role will include developing, maintaining, and supporting all test equipment and test procedures.
- Specify and design new verification and production test equipment by understanding existing and new products and processes.
- Create test design documentation including test instructions, specifications, drawings, verification plans, and support plans.
- Become proficient in existing verification and production tests and test equipment in order to provide support and sustain and drive improvements as needed.
- Work closely with the Quality & Reliability, R&D, Process Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations teams.
- Provide technical support to Quality & Reliability and Operations operators including hands-on operator training and fault recovery.
- Contribute to project plans by providing scope, resource, and schedule estimates.
- Coordinate with and manage suppliers and contractors to implement design verification and production testing.
- Manage own time and assigned resources to meet objectives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- 5 years experience in test development.
- Proven track record in the complete test development life cycle including requirements, specification, design, implementation, support, and sustaining/improvement.
- Experience in developing tests for manual, semi-automatic, and automatic execution.
- Experience in technical documentation and developing standard work instructions.
- Experience in developing test support including daily maintenance, preventive maintenance, spares management, consumables management, calibration, and general lab layout and flow.
- Experience working with and managing suppliers and contractors.
- Experienced with:
- Electro-mechanical, pumps, and fluid systems
- Metrology devices and methods
- Test stand and test fixture design and build.
- Design Tools – AutoCad, Solid Works, etc.
- PLC – Allen Bradley / RS Logix, Siemens, etc.
- HMI – FactoryTalk, Siemens, Cmore, Indusoft, etc.
- Controls – pneumatic, fluid, electronic, PID, etc.
- Control Panel design.
- Specialized instruments - vision systems, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge / experience in reliability test and accelerated life test methods.
- Relevant certifications.
- Knowledge / experience in data capture, analysis, and interpretation including Design of Experiments, Process Capability and Process Control.
- Knowledge / experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S, TPM, etc.
- Able to work well across disciplines and departments.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, efficient, and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced start up environment.
- Staff Scientist, Membrane Development
Position Summary: The Staff Scientist, Membrane Development filling this role will have the ability to apply their mastery of chemistry and engineering principles and skills to solve problems and develop solutions in a variety of contexts including new membrane product development, membrane performance characterization, and optimization of manufacturing conditions. The nimble environment of this company will allow for this scientist to push their ideas rapidly from conception to reality. Over time the right person in this role has the potential to develop into a leader in one of the most watched segments of the membrane industry.
Education and Experience (one of the following):
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science and 15+ years relevant experience
- MS or PhD with 10+ years relevant experience
- Track record of innovation with polymeric RO/NF/UF/MF membranes
- Knowledge of membrane chemistry, surface science, and manufacturing methods (e.g., Interfacial polymerization, nonsolvent-Induced Phase Separation, membrane fouling/fouling resistance, surface modification)
- Ability to identify appropriate characterization tools and interpret results from them in order to solve challenging problems related to membrane structure and function (e.g. SEM, ATR-FTIR, EDX, AFM, PALS, Goniometer, Streaming Potential…)
- In-depth knowledge of how changes to system design, operating conditions, and membrane and element structure affect short-term and long-term performance in the field
- Experience developing products using a “Stage Gate Development Process”
- Expertise in developing membrane products at scales from the laboratory into volume manufacturing and application in the marketplace
- Project Management – ability to manage projects to meet deliverables on time
- Familiarity with Robust Engineering/Taguchi Methods, Theory of Constraints
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze data using statistical packages like MiniTab or JMP
- Element Design and Element Engineering knowledge
- Hands-on approach and methodology
- Thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial culture along with experience in large, best-in-class companies
WHAT'S IT LIKE WORKING AT SOLECTA?
Be part of a high energy, fast-paced work environment that is challenging and team oriented.
How we Work
Work with a company who has a clear purpose and focused initiatives that will have meaningful impact on a global scale.
Tools of the Trade
Utilize a powerful set of engineering tools that will enable us to create transformative capabilities in our technologies.
Join us while we revolutionize the membrane separations space and position ourselves for a clear market leadership role.