INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF OUR TEAM?
- Staff Scientist, Membrane Development
Position Summary: The Staff Scientist, Membrane Development filling this role will have the ability to apply their mastery of chemistry and engineering principles and skills to solve problems and develop solutions in a variety of contexts including new membrane product development, membrane performance characterization, and optimization of manufacturing conditions. The nimble environment of this company will allow for this scientist to push their ideas rapidly from conception to reality. Over time the right person in this role has the potential to develop into a leader in one of the most watched segments of the membrane industry.
Education and Experience (one of the following):
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science and 15+ years relevant experience
- MS or PhD with 10+ years relevant experience
- Track record of innovation with polymeric RO/NF/UF/MF membranes
- Knowledge of membrane chemistry, surface science, and manufacturing methods (e.g., Interfacial polymerization, nonsolvent-Induced Phase Separation, membrane fouling/fouling resistance, surface modification)
- Ability to identify appropriate characterization tools and interpret results from them in order to solve challenging problems related to membrane structure and function (e.g. SEM, ATR-FTIR, EDX, AFM, PALS, Goniometer, Streaming Potential…)
- In-depth knowledge of how changes to system design, operating conditions, and membrane and element structure affect short-term and long-term performance in the field
- Experience developing products using a “Stage Gate Development Process”
- Expertise in developing membrane products at scales from the laboratory into volume manufacturing and application in the marketplace
- Project Management – ability to manage projects to meet deliverables on time
- Familiarity with Robust Engineering/Taguchi Methods, Theory of Constraints
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze data using statistical packages like MiniTab or JMP
- Element Design and Element Engineering knowledge
- Hands-on approach and methodology
- Thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial culture along with experience in large, best-in-class companies
WHAT'S IT LIKE WORKING AT SOLECTA?
Be part of a high energy, fast-paced work environment that is challenging and team oriented.
How we Work
Work with a company who has a clear purpose and focused initiatives that will have meaningful impact on a global scale.
Tools of the Trade
Utilize a powerful set of engineering tools that will enable us to create transformative capabilities in our technologies.
Join us while we revolutionize the membrane separations space and position ourselves for a clear market leadership role.