INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF OUR TEAM?
- Director of Quality & Reliability
Solecta is an exciting early-stage, high-tech company focused on using its deep membrane technology, robust element designs, and applications know-how to solve in-process separations challenges for large, well-respected industrial companies. The company is backed by True North Venture Partners, an investing firm that specializes in commercializing and scaling disruptive innovations in clean water, clean energy and sustainable manufacturing.
- The Director of Quality and Reliability will serve as a key member of the COO staff. This individual will oversee the quality department and build/maintain the quality management system and systems to enable continuous improvement while training and mentoring the quality team. They will build and lead a reliability function including establishment and execution of a reliability improvement plan. Working with the VP R&D, this individual will implement equipment and protocols for assessing membrane and module reliability and build predictive lifetime models.
- Strategically align the Quality and Reliability group and functions with the company strategy
- Develop and roll out a Quality Management System (QMS) compliant with ISO 9001 standards
- Sponsor a quality-focused culture throughout the entire organization through quality focused leadership and coaching in continuous improvement/Lean tools
- Develop Supplier Quality Program/Process in conjunction with Supply Chain team to ensure purchased materials, components, finished goods and services meet company quality standards
- Establish and support methods for advanced process quality planning (APQP). Oversee measurement system accuracy and the calibration system
- Coordinate and lead activities for Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions as necessary to resolve quality problems
- Develop, train and manage the quality, reliability, incoming and final inspection teams
- Oversee the review process of customer complaints and warranty claims to determine root cause and preventative actions needed to prevent recurrence of the problem
- Ensure that all training standards required by the Quality Management System are put in place and continuously updated
- Work with VP R&D to establish membrane and element validation and verification testing equipment, test methods and protocols
- Perform accelerated testing of membrane and elements to develop models to predict lifetime under application conditions
- B.S. in Engineering
- 10+ years of quality and/or reliability experience with minimum 5 years directly managing teams
- Experience in managing quality and reliability in a manufacturing company supporting commercialization of innovative technologies from conception to high volume production
- Expertise in ISO quality standards, APQP, SPC, pFMEA, Lean manufacturing. Must have diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, documentation. Expertise in DFSS, Robust Engineering a plus
- Expertise in reliability planning and reliability modeling with methods like HALT/HASS/MTBF/Weibull predictions, DFMEA etc.
- Experience working with customers and suppliers and external testing partners
- Ability to recruit, build and lead high performing team
- Ability to influence and gain alignment and commitment through excellent interpersonal, communication, and planning skills
- Able to work with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to anticipate various outcomes and potential solutions
- Ability to keep pace in a fast moving and dynamic business environment
- Hands-on with an ability to dive into details when necessary
- Senior Process Engineer
The Senior/Staff Process Engineer is responsible for improving existing membrane manufacturing processes and developing processes to support new products. The Process Engineer will use lean thinking, statistical and robust engineering methodologies to improve process capability, reduce scrap and setup and improve plant throughput.
- Compile and evaluate test data to determine appropriate limits and variables (CTQs) for process or material specifications. Perform materials characterization.
- Review processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of membrane and element products. Develop new or modified processes. Qualify and document process recipes for turnover to manufacturing for execution.
- Conceive and execute projects for continuous yield improvement and setup time reduction. Define and select of new processing concepts. Develop and execute plans to support these goals.
- Analyze existing capacity and make recommendations of process and equipment improvements to maximize capacity and throughput. Oversee and drive associated projects into manufacturing through the change control board, documentation and training.
- Use technical problem solving skills while driving multiple projects to completion. Use statistical process control, DOE, robust engineering methodologies and engineering analysis tools.
- Regularly monitor equipment and process performance to ensure operation meets safety and quality requirements. Troubleshoot problems in the manufacturing production process including equipment problems if necessary.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline or Materials Science plus 8-15 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment. Master’s or PhD preferred. Experience in Polymer Engineering a plus.
- Demonstrated record of solving problems using structured problem-solving methods (8D, Kepner-Tregoe, 5 Whys etc.) Ability to drive root cause analysis while implementing short term fixes and long- term solutions.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
- Record of defining and managing manufacturing process improvement projects to completion. Ability to facilitate process and behavior change.
- Demonstrated data analysis skills with statistical packages such as JMP, Minitab, SPC, Matlab, etc. Expertise in DOE methodologies. Experience in Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints and Taguchi methods highly desirable.
- Able to communicate (written and oral) technical concepts clearly and concisely to audiences with varied levels of educational and technical backgrounds. Able to develop clear written instructions and procedures and train staff.
- Must be “hands-on” and comfortable spending time on the shop floor working with operators and technicians.
- Conduct engineering tests and perform detailed experimental testing to collect design data.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills, as well as the ability to influence others.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Sr. Sales Engineer – Dairy North America
The Senior Sales Engineer – Dairy North America as a member of the Solecta commercial team responsible for the execution of the sales plan in accordance to company vision and strategy. In this position, the Senior Sales Engineer will work with leaders and influencers across a variety of companies within the dairy market segment and helping them solve unique and real issues. This role will report to Director of Business Development and work collaboratively with Product Management, Applications Engineering and Operations leadership to ensure financial goals are met while being uncompromising to company values and culture of teamwork and positivity.
- Develop and execute strategy, demand generation, lead development and
- communication to drive sales efforts.
- Cultivate existing client relationships and evolve them into business opportunities and client partnerships that ensure a healthy pipeline for the company.
- Develop new relationships by identifying and nurturing valuable and relevant leads.
- Manages complex sales cycles from prospect to close and beyond. Identifies buying influences. Develops value propositions leveraging products and services core to Solecta.
- Create long-term trust and client partnerships by understanding clients’ needs and business realities, whether clearly expressed or not, identified through a genuine consultative and problem-solving approach.
- Develop and execute sales targets at all stages and orchestrate compelling interactions with prospective and existing clients.
- Plans activity in accordance with commercial milestones.
- Establish aggressive yet realistic plans to achieve the desired sales plan objectives, anticipate risks, and have contingency plans to manage them.
- Utilizes CRM to manage a sales portfolio, pipeline metrics, analytics, share information with commercial team, monitor sales cycles and stages, maintain pipeline to meet metrics.
- Participate in the development of the sales annual operating budget and maintains expenses within the plan.
- Partner with marketing and sales team to execute strategy, demand generation, lead development and communication to drive sales efforts.
- Engages customers and creates personal brand using social media in accordance with Solecta guidelines.
- Remain current on industry, market trends, developments, and technology trends within the membrane and element industry, while continuously learning about Solecta, its vision, culture and people.
- Consistently improves knowledge of all products and services provided by competitors.
- A curious learner. Learning all aspects of customer operations. Continuous development of technical and commercial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or other related field; MBA preferred.
- 5 years of sales, and business development experience in dairy market segment required.
- 5+ years of experience in company providing technical products and/or services is preferred.
- Process membrane separations experience, preferred.
- Proven track record of interpersonal skills with ability to cross-functionally interface with and positively influence other departments.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, proven organizational and planning abilities, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships; strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment.
- Travel required.
WHAT'S IT LIKE WORKING AT SOLECTA?
Be part of a high energy, fast-paced work environment that is challenging and team oriented.
How we Work
Work with a company who has a clear purpose and focused initiatives that will have meaningful impact on a global scale.
Tools of the Trade
Utilize a powerful set of engineering tools that will enable us to create transformative capabilities in our technologies.
Join us while we revolutionize the membrane separations space and position ourselves for a clear market leadership role.